I am interested in the superintendent’s position at Highland Park Golf Course. My phone number is (607)222-5949. Please feel free to contact me about this job opportunity, I able to send resume and references upon request. Thank you for your consideration and I’m looking speaking with you soon.
George A. Caezza
Highland Park Golf Course
GOLF COURSE SUPERINTENDENT Job Overview:
Entrusted with the maintenance, operations and management of the golf course. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/building/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and the property. Basic Functions:
● Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
● Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Head Golf Professional on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
● Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
● Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
● Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
● Advise and consult with the Greens Chairperson for reporting purposes to the Board of Directors.
● Works closely with and directly reports to the General Manager.
● Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
● Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
● Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
● Manages an aggressive water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage as required by local/state regulations.
● Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
● Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
● Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
● Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
● Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
● Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
● Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
● Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
● Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
● Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
● Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
● Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
● Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
● Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
● 3-5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
● 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science)
● Computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations
● Valid Driver's License
● Pesticide Application License
The Club will offer a competitive compensation plan, along with standard benefits.
Resumes must be submitted by August 15th. They can be sent to Highland Park Golf Course ,3068 Franklin Str. Rd., Auburn, New York 13021. Attention : Superintendent Search Committee.